— So, from Volokh, I see this announcement of the Law & Aesthetics fiction contest. For those skeptical about the intellectual laugh riot that is the Social Change Workshop, I remember having a somewhat drunken conversation about just this idea with what must surely be one of the Boalt organizers. And now it's a reality! Don't you want to come?!
Notes for law and aesthetics….
– Significant formalism
– Could Baumgarten and Blackstone have met? Shared a mistress?
– The Bloomsbury judicial intuitionists
– Legal neutrality and disinterested contemplation
– Penumbras and emanations
– Weimar School of interpretive absurdism
– Cruel, unusual, and sublime punishment